Rhythm Kids Online!
Kids know what they like. For four- through eight-year-olds, it's telling silly stories, playing games (with rules, of course!), and sharing new things. Our interactive Rhythm Kids Online classes tap into how big kids are wired to learn. Music games, rhythm pattern play, drumming, and more engage their creativity---and inspire them to explore their musicality in new ways, both during and outside class. (No promises, but you just might find your child making music instead of watching YouTube!)
During each weekly, high-energy class, kids have a blast singing, dancing, and jamming to rhythms and tunes inspired by musical traditions around the world. Their specially trained teacher leads group and individual activities that get students up and moving as they learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct. Bonus: The music and movement activities naturally support several key developmental areas, including executive function, emerging math skills, and leadership.
By the end of the semester, they'll be proud to show off all the new skills they've mastered!
- Immersion in the musical language of many cultures, including West African Gahu, Japanese Taiko, Brazilian Samba (just to name a few!)
- Playful music games with rules
- Deep exposure to complex, fun, and rockin' music
- Rich, creative experimentation and expression, improvisation, and innovation
The online experience includes:
- A weekly interactive 35 minute Zoom class
- A weekly Facebook live/YouTube mini-class
- A private Facebook group
- The current collection songbook, CD and download codes
- Video drumming tutorials with Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote
The 8 week summer session begins the week of June 15th. Sign up for a demo in one of our spring classes HERE!
We hope your older kids can join us for this very interactive and engaging singing, dancing and drumming experience!