Welcome to Robinsongs For Kids, offering Music Together in Ann Arbor and Chelsea! Music Together is an internationally recognized early childhood program for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners and the adults who love them.
Check Out Music Together at Robinsongs For Kids! from Robin Robinson on Vimeo.
MUSIC TOGETHER IS:
- Kids and grown ups sharing songs, chants, rhythmic rhymes, instrument games, dancing, movement, and fingerplay in a non-performance, community setting.
- Music learned through carefully researched, developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
- Nine different collections of original songs and traditional tunes from a variety of genres, styles and cultures.
- 45 minutes of pure FUN with your child every week!
BASIC MUSIC TOGETHER PHILOSOPHY:
- All children are musical.
- Therefore, all children can achieve basic music competence. This means that all children can learn to sing in tune with accurate rhythm.
- The participation and modeling of parents and caregivers, regardless of their musical ability, is essential to a child's musical growth.
- This growth is best achieved in a playful, developmentally appropriate, non-performance-oriented learning environment which is musically rich yet immediately accessible to the child's - and the adult's! - participation.
Robin Robinson, Center Director
*e-mail is the best way to get in touch with me!
Classes held at:
Scio Community Church
1293 N. Zeeb Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Turner Senior Research Center
2401 Plymouth Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
Washington Street Education Center
500 E. Washington St.
Chelsea, MI 48118
Thanks to Francine Keyes for her beautiful photography! For more general information, newsletters, research articles and music samples, please visit Music Together's national site.